Re: [orca-list] F123 available for download - easy switch to

It seems that the fact that gnome shell packages are pulled in is  a non issue, i.e. just have a single
installer that will have both mate and gnome
packages on it.
This way the DM issue goes away.
What other issue is there?
I never meant to imply that the lack of a talking login screen was a minor issue for novice users, and
honestly, for many more advanced users it's
disturbing. Something about typing "blind" or "deaf" is scarey to many people, and even though over the years
I've gotten relatively comfortable with a
bit of this, I'd never want to send a supposedly accessible distro to market with out speech on log-in screen.
It's bad enough that we do not have a talking boot menu, and must have sighted help to deal with bios issues.
If you wanted to have two separate F123 spins, then of course the issue is there, but even so, while
certainly not elegant, having extra packages is not
the major issue that it was a few years ago, i.e. a 1.9GB .iso is really not much different to a 2.1GB .iso.
I am aware of bandwidth issues and download caps or per byte charging in much of the world, so am in favor of
having a minimal image of distros that let
the user get something up and running from a relatively small image.
No more cd sized images, but I like the idea of bring in images under 1GB for those who have very limited or
slow connections, want to customize and not
have to remove packages they never use,and also, there are a lot of old 1GB usb-sticks around that can be put
to good use as rescue devices and
installers.
Just my two and a half cents.
--