Re: [orca-list] F123 available for download - easy switch to

Why not just use the 1.8 packages available in  standard arch official repos?
Yes, there are _a _few minor accessibility issues, but these should not effect the average user.
I've not seen what log-in system, (dm), is used by current F123, but as long as one could switch between
environments there there should be no problem.
A script to change default could be included.
I have had a very major setback which means I'm spending a lot of time to recreate my customized arch system
and recupperate/redo as much of my last
year's work as possible, but once I'm more or less caught up want to look at how to include a customized set
of defaults for panels untill multiple
panels can be focused by orca.
If the two panel default could be changed to a single panel, probably located on the bottom, I can't think of
anything that would be even slightly
problematic even for novice users with the current mate.
I do not know what the timetable is for fixing the panel focus issue, but not only would this make F123 a
more viable option for less robust hardware,
but it would make transition from older f123 smoother as there'd not be the need to learn and adapt ones
computing style to gnome3.
And with out getting back in to the debate as to what is a better interface, it is clear that many users do
prefer a menu-driven GUI such as is used by
Mate or XFCE over the more search-driven interfaces such as gnome shell. This prefference is notable both for
Linux novices and power-users, those new
to computers altogether and those coming from a Windows background.
I am not suggesting removing gnome as an option by any means as it has its fans and is going to be where
accessibility improvements will first come to
the Linux GUI in some cases, but including Mate seems to be a no brainer to me.
Regards,
--
B.H.