Re: [orca-list] updating Orca

I wrote ./configure but I meant ./autogen.sh

If you use 'super+s' the orca in /usr/bin will start; it's the default.
  I start my testing orca from the 'run' dialogue:
'alt+f2' then
/home/dave/bin/orca --replace

If I want the new orca to be the default, I could move it to /usr/bin,
thus replacing the system's default orca with the one I built.  The
package database would then be wrong; when my distro upgrades orca, I
would losed the one I built.  Finally, I could, and probably should,
make a debian package out of my new orca (using checkinstall might be
the easiest way to do this)?  and install that.

HTH,

Dave