Re: [orca-list] updating Orca

If you use 'super+s' the orca in /usr/bin will start; it's the default. I start my testing orca from the 'run' dialogue:
'alt+f2' then
/home/dave/bin/orca --replace

If I want the new orca to be the default, I could move it to /usr/bin, thus replacing the system's default orca with the one I built. The package database would then be wrong; when my distro upgrades orca, I would losed the one I built. Finally, I could, and probably should, make a debian package out of my new orca (using checkinstall might be the easiest way to do this)? and install that.

HTH,

Dave