Re: [orca-list] Google Docs

Yes CJ, I have used chromevox for most of the interaction I've had with g-docs and g-drive since when ever it
was I first
started playing with chrome/chromevox, but was so impressed with the good performance/easy navigation in the
menus and
tabs today that I was hoping that someone had figured out how to actually see their docs in firefox with
orca.
I have been using grive for some months now for syncing files in standard/non-google specific formats, and
googlecl  for
up and downloading files.
Thanks for the feedback.
And Derek,

   I have never used google docs with orca, but try pressing ctrl alt z.
   Does orca say something like "screen reader support enabled."?

I tried this both in the main g-drive screen where the create menu lives along with the ability to open
details tab
89along with the folders and files list, and many more things, and after opening a new document. Nothing
appeared to
change with this, nor did I hear any announcement or any verbal feedback at all when pressing said key combo.
There's more than one view of g-drive and docs available I think, so if you can clarrify when you used this,
i.e. which
view, and with what screenreader, and when if possible perhaps I can track something down.
I"m going to write to google accessibility folks as well.
It would be great if this could be worked out.
I mentioned Orca to a  g-docs accessibility person  recently, and he actually did a quick test of something
right away. He
said he was not very familiar with Orca, but was going to try and make sure it was included in more testing,
and file bugs
when discovered.

--
B.H.