Re: [orca-list] Orca and mate

hi
I *think* ubuntu should enable the accessibility by default, but if
not, type in teh following in a terminal. You'll have to do this
blindly though since you won't have speech. Hit alt+f2 to open teh
mate run dialog, and type in mate-terminal. Then type or paste in,
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications
screen-reader-enabledtrue
press enter. THen type or paste in, gsettings set org.mate.interface
accessibility true
Press enter, and then close the terminal. THis turns on mate's
accessibility if it's not already, as well as gnome's, so that apps
written in qt5 will talk out of the box.
There are easier ways to do this, graphically, which only works if
accessibility is turned on. Classic catch 22
Hth
Kendell clark