Re: [orca-list] beeps on progress bar updates, thoughts?

On 21/11/14 17:07, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
On 11/21/2014 04:56 PM, kendell clark wrote:
hi I've come up with what might be a workable plan. I thought about
using sox to generate the progress tones. The only issue is that
orca would then need to adopt sox as a dependency, and I'm hesitant
to go this route without dev approval. Joanie, what do you think of
this?  Would sox being a dependency or optional dependency of orca
be acceptable,
Optional should be ok.

Agreed, provided that it works well if the user happens to be running PulseAudio, as many are likely to do these days.