Re: [orca-list] beeps on progress bar updates, thoughts?

Hello,
I think we can generate tones in pure python without extra dependencies. I think we can even borrow some code from NVDA...
http://community.nvda-project.org/export/cfdca973fcfa00d883c47f53ec2765b1c04d62d5/source/tones.py
What I don't know yet how to play it. Perhaps the most natural way for a gnome application would be through gstreamer however I would welcome hints on this from someone who knows this stuff better. Sox is fine and functional but if there are gnome technologies we can use I think we should rather use those rather than adding extra unrelated dependencies.

Greetings

Peter