Re: [orca-list] OT: my reasons for wanting daisy players

Hey Kendell.

On 11/19/2014 08:43 PM, kendell clark wrote:

etc? So I can file a bug against them and get them fixed. Joanie,
would you mind helping me with this one? I can file the bugs but I
don't know how to debug, or how to tell them how to fix them if
they ask, because I suspect this was not deliberate, just them not
knowing much about linux a11y

I'd be happy to help. And, yeah, it's surly not deliberate.

Tell you what: Let's start with a single bug with a single test case.
Something that's really easy for you and I both to reproduce. File it
against Orca for now (i.e. in GNOME's bugzilla). Then in the Orca bug
you file, I'll do some triaging, explain what I'm seeing and not
seeing, maybe create a stand-alone listener that can be used without
Orca to reproduce the bug, etc., etc. I'll answer any questions you
have. Then, once you understand the whole thing, you can file the
proper and official bug against the app or toolkit explaining the
problem and how to reproduce it without Orca. That way, we keep the
"noise" over here and just give them what they need to hopefully move
forward. If we do this a few times, I think you'll get the hang of it
and can then start directly filing the bug against the app or toolkit
in question.

Take care.
--joanie