Re: [orca-list] having problems with pluralsite.com

OK, my problem seems to be that Orca says / when I hit kp / instead of
clicking.  Other keys seem to work, so I am somewhat confused.  For
instance if I hit the kp-+ the page is read, it seems that slash and
star are not working, although I have heard star work in the past.

Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:

Hey John.

1. Navigated to
http://www.pluralsight.com/courses/building-universal-store-apps-csharp-xaml

2. Pressed 3 to get to the line that starts with Table of Contents
(which is a heading level 3)

3. Pressed A to move to the clickable on that same line (it's after the
heading)

4. KP Slash to click on it (Orca says nothing due to not getting any
state-change events regarding expansion, but the expand happens).

5. Down Arrow to first item (introduction) which starts with a clickable
whose icon is a play button. (Would be nice if it had an accessible
name, but....)

6. KP Slash to click on it.

What I see visually after performing step 6 is that the mouse pointer
moves to that play button clickable. And Orca synthesized a click event
on it, just like happened in step 4. But because I don't have
credentials, clicking on that play button doesn't do anything. This is
true without Orca and physically using the mouse.

Maybe the above will solve your problem?

Regardless, I wouldn't mind having a dialog with these folks so that we
can get some better labeling of elements.

--joanie