From: covici ccs covici com [mailto:covici ccs covici com]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 3:34 PM
To: B. Henry
Cc: Alex Midence; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] conversion of ubuntu 14.04 iso image file to zip

Ubuntu does this all the time, one reason why I don't use it.

B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:

Yes, I'm not sure what is in the beta that makes devs feel it worth
putting it as default version. As you say, even if beta versions were
to be considered for using as default packages using them for absolutely
mission critical components such as boot loaders??????????
Arch-LInux also has had betas as default for some time now. I'm going
to google for reasons for these decissions, grub release policy, etc. I'm
using syslinux for now on my arch-disk so am not sure if I'd have issues
with grub2.
--
B.H.