Re: [orca-list] Changing the keybindings to be JAWS-like or

I think the best solution to this issue is to upload profiles as has been suggested by a couple others in
this thread. If you try to customize Orca’s default bindings to be like windows, which screen reader do you
use? Please don’t answer “Jaws!” There are other windows screen readers out there and they have different
bindings for each unique screen reader. I, for one, never used Jaws while in windows so Jaws key bindings
would be totally meaningless to me. My suggestion is those most familiar with a given screen reader cook up a
user profile with default key bindings for that screen reader and hopefully you can get a one for one match
to Orca functions.

As has been pointed out earlier in another thread, the screen reader functions are not one for one matched
across products. Jaws is not Orca and Orca is not Jaws nor window-eyes nor NVDA for that matter. But
similarities could be resolved in custom profiles and shared. Also, some concise documentation would be
needed to inform the new user where to get and how to install such profiles. Actually, as these get
developed, maybe they could be included in the Orca package and the user could just load one in. GW Micro
does this with jaws keys so jaws users could transition to WE more easily.