Re: [orca-list] possible bug, orca refuses to speak any apps or incoming text if not started with the desktop in focus

When would libao kick-in? I have it here, but do not remember which package called for it. My
speech-dispatcher is quite
stable for the most part, onlly think dummy kicked in once in the months I've had a GUI on this arch
installation.
I have only succeded  in getting espeak to work with orca here so far, and have never had voxin on this
machine period
Once in a while however when starting the GUI with startx, XFCE4 for sure, and maybe Mate as well, I get no
speech
although orca has started.
This occurs the first time I stat an Xsession after booting, if not exclusively then close to it. This is not
exceedingly
rare by any means, but does not happen most of the time, and killing off speechdispatcher and the whole
x-session and
starting again runs normally. I've never used pulse on this installation, or on arch-linux at all for the
record.
--
B.H.