[orca-list] getting gdm screen to talk

Hi.  I am using gentoo and the gnome overlay which means I have gdm 3.12 and
also orca 3.12.  The gdm screen does not speak, but I don't know whether
I am getting the oh no something is wrong which I get from
gnome-session, or just that speech is not starting.

So, what can I do if the gdm screen does not speak?  I did put gdm in
debug mode and it does say greeter started, but that is all I have.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici