[orca-list] possible bug, orca refuses to speak any apps or incoming text if not started with the desktop in focus

hi all
I've just noticed a weird bug, I think it's a bug, in the latest orca mster, although it's been present
since at least
orca v3.12, possibly earlier. If speech-dispatcher crashes, which sometimes happens when using alsa, I have a
keyboard
shortcut that kills orca, speech-dispatcher and then runs orca --replace to restart it. If I do this with
anything but
the desktop in focus, orca starts, but then will not read any apps, text files, anything. It says welcome to
orca, and
then silence. If I then focus the desktop, hiding all windows and then restart orca again, it says desktop
frame, after
which everything works. I don't have any debug output to demonstrate this, but I can get it if anyone needs
it. This is
a very strange one and I'm not sure how to fix it.
There's also another bug, this one relating to the settings changes. If you restart orca with a different
profile
loaded, it will apply the new profile, but will keep the speech rate from the old profile.
Opening the orca preferences dialog and pressing the ok button reloads everything perfectly.

Thanks
Kendell clark