Re: [orca-list] Changing the keybindings to be JAWS-like or NVDA-like (was Re: In Search Of The Main Developers Of Orca)

I am sorry but I must confess that I did not read almost any of the previous messages on this topic as so many posts usually fall under people trying to argue why others should learn their preferred standard. As many might already know, this never works terribly well.

However, by accident I read the message below and I agree with something like this. The idea of letting Orca keep its key bindings as default, but having an easy way for people to switch to another standard without having to program each key combination manually, is wonderful.

As someone who has been involved in training, I must say, that even if not all keys were to match, just having many key strokes in common would really help beginners with previous experience on another screen reader. It helps and it also keeps the FOSS tradition of placing the user in the position of making the choice.

Having said all that, Joanie probably has a significant list of tasks with higher priority than this. I do not really know, but it may very well be the case that this is not as urgent as some other Orca need.

Fernando