Re: [orca-list] Changing the keybindings to be JAWS-like or NVDA-like (was Re: In Search Of The Main Developers Of Orca)

hi
I'm going to weigh in here. As a former windows supporter, I find some
features in nvda I'd like to see in orca, and some features of orca
I'd like to see in nvda. One of the major ones I'd like to see in orca
is iAccessible2 support, so that apps that don't take advantage of the
atk api, or who don't implement it properly would at least be somewhat
accessible, instead of being completely silent. Another is the beeping
on a form field, but that's not hard to get used to hearing entry
instead. Other than that, orca wins out over nvda in my opinion. The
ability to bind a keystroke to do most of it's functions is a big
advantage, although nvda may have this feature now, I'm not sure. The
ability to read all notifications with a keystroke is really useful.
I'd like to see more notifications be accessible, but this is
completely unrelated to the debate, so I'll say no more. I don't want
orca to become nvda, but I would like more accessible apps. An
additional accessibility api might help. I won't pretend to know how
this could be done, or how easy or hard it would be, but it's just a
thought.