Re: [orca-list] Changing the keybindings to be JAWS-like or NVDA-like (was Re: In Search Of The Main Developers Of Orca)

Luke Yelavich <themuso ubuntu com> wrote:

Are there any apps that offer IAccessible2 on *nix?.

No, as far as I am aware, there aren't any.
Either way, a better approach would be to write an IAccessible2 wrapper for at-spi or atk, something
similar to what java atk wrapper does now.

It has been done for Microsoft's User Interface Automation API under Mono,
for use with applications written in C#.

I'm not aware of any application that would be portable, which supports
IAccessible2 and which might be run under Linux/UNIX, so I'm not sure that
there are any use cases to justify doing the work.

In the case of Java and Mono, the environments were specifically designed to
be available under multiple operating systems and we really need those bridges
to ATK.