[orca-list] Panels, (systryish applets), LXDE/Openbox menu accessibility

For the record I use  this type of set-up as I ran arch as a CLI only OS for a while before even installing a
GUI on this
netbook, and I still boot first in to a bash shell and start a graphical desktop invironment with startx when
and if I
need it.
For a few months I manually selected my network from the wifi-menu when not using an ethernet connection.
Then I enabled a
couple of bits so that I would auto connect to the wlans I'd configured.
It works very well. I must say that RAM usage jumped way up when I configured netctl to auto connect, but
even on the
netbook it doesn't really matter. The one detail that I have is the somewhat unpredictable reading of
available networks
if manually connecting. Usually I'm connection to the network with the strongest signal, and that's shown at
the beginning
of the list, but if I want to pick a network farther down the list a bit of trial and error is often, I'd say
usually
involved.
I've not tried using wifi-menu in a terminal emulator with orca. Does this give better results than using
speakup in a  VT
console?
Thanks,
--