[orca-list] speech quality

Hi,

I was wondering if the Orca project has considered using larger stored speech units for the speech synthesizer in order to improve speech quality.

If this might be an option (perhaps configurable given the associated increase in size?) then I would like to volunteer to record the phonemes or words necessary to do this.

I have a relatively accent-free voice, and the facilities to do recording with reasonable quality.

Sincerely,
Melissa

P.S. I reviewed the wiki and searched the mailing list archives for indications of previous discussions of the topic, but didn't find anything - apologies if I missed it.