From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Melissa
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:09 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] speech quality

Hi,

I was wondering if the Orca project has considered using larger stored
speech units for the speech synthesizer in order to improve speech quality.

If this might be an option (perhaps configurable given the associated
increase in size?) then I would like to volunteer to record the phonemes or
words necessary to do this.

I have a relatively accent-free voice, and the facilities to do recording
with reasonable quality.

Sincerely,
Melissa

P.S. I reviewed the wiki and searched the mailing list archives for
indications of previous discussions of the topic, but didn't find anything -
apologies if I missed it.