[orca-list] can't log in on live session

Hi,
I am trying out a live session of XpLike Ubuntu, it's Ubuntu 11.04.
Happily Orca ran when I tried it after boot up.
After Orca setup, it wants to log out and back in in order to work.
After logging out, I cannot log back in.
I have to have sighted assistance to shut down and reboot.
But then of course, I have to start over with the Orca setup.
I have tried no password/username, and I have tried ubuntu in both and
either field.
It will not authenticate my login.
Any ideas?
Thanks.