[orca-list] When to use which branch/release__was: Orca included in Ubuntu development build issue

I've been using Linux, mostly Vinux, but also Arch, Debian and vanilla Ubuntu as my primary OS for around
3-1/2 years now so I think it's time I clarify something that may be important for myself, and probably for
quite a few others, maybe even some others on this list.

When is it preferrable/important to use  something other than the latest stable orca branch or master if
testing from source? I am of course referring to cases where at-spi and friends are available in the required
versions to meet dependencies.
Maybe my experience is different from that of many Orca users because of having used Vinux so much where
accessability is the guiding light as it were, is and shal be. For example I and most other Vinux-users
upgraded to what ever the latest Xdesktop release was shortly after it was deemed stable, and in some cases
before...I'm currently using orca3.10.2 with XFCE on Arch, aaand <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<I was
wondering whether I should upgrade to 3.12 or 3.10.3 for use with XFCE4 and posibly mate.
Is there a place where version recommendations are posted, or is it just a case of checking for available
deps for ones platform/distro?

Last somewhat related questions: is it true that some ppl have built orca successfully for BSD of some
flavour? I saw that a 3.2Xdesktop release exists in a recent post here. I never installed, or even knew of a
newer Xdesktop version than the 3.1.92 I think it is that I had on gnome2 using distros/releases. Is there
any thing that most end-users will notice changed or improved in 3.2 compared with 3.1.9?

If I've never personally thanked you Joanmarie, I'll do so now, and if I did once and do not remember I will
only clutter the list with my sentamentality this once. I spend a lot of time using the CLI these days, but
if it were not for your fine work on Orca making a GUI accessible I may never have left the dubious comfort
of the flock of Windows sheep. At best I'd not have jumped in to Linux waters when and how I did, i.e.
whithin a week or two of first trying Vinux3.0 I was using Linux 90+% of the time. That's probably 98%-99% of
the time now on average, (it's been a windows-free 2014 for me so far(, and the only time I went back to
Windows for more than  a brief visit to test something, visit a website that Orca/firefox and the other
options I had could not handle adequitly or spend the hours required for windows maintainance and updating
was when I had to use dialup for a couple weeks and no driver worked correctly for my modem under Linux. I
like most others on this list I suspect am impressed by all you have done with limited resources, and I'm
truly grateful for all the hard work that goes in to making Orca what it is...*Joanmarie, and the others who
I've seen consistently helping with testing, patches etc, I hope I have something more than a big virtual hug
to offer you one day; but for now here's that V-hug!
--
B.H.