Re: [orca-list] orca doesn't autostart on ubuntu 14

No, you go into system settings and make sure screen reader is set to on in the seeing page.  You don't add
it to start up applications.  That is the old way of doing things.

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Luis González
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:34 AM
To: Amir
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca doesn't autostart on ubuntu 14

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 too. What I noticed is Orca starts only if it was opened when the system is restarted;
so if you close Orca and then restarts, Orca won't autostart. The same behavior occurs with Orca on login
screen.

It makes sense (unless to me) because if you weren't using Orca and you restart, you likely won't want Orca
to autostart, you more likely want to control when it should be running or not. You always can start it with
alt+super+s anyway; and if you'd like Orca to always autostart, you can add it in Startup applications.

,
sorry if this has been asked before but, i am using ubuntu 14.04 , at
first orca did autostart but after for unknown reason, it didn't. I
don't know why. what can i give is, i am using orca 3.12.2 (after
performing sudo apt-get upgrade, and then  sudo apt-get install gnome,
i got orca 3.12.2). I don't know what's the casuue of this, sometimes
orca doesnt autostart on the loggin screen too! but it usually did on
start up (after loggin).
Any idea?

The manual is at

Salu2