fresh install
for most users most of the time.
It'll work for some,but certainly not on Vinux or any optimised distro at this point.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 08:18:38AM -0500, Alex Midence wrote:
   Is your machine even launching Linux?  When I went from 13.10 to 14.04,
   it was a freaking nightmare because grub beta was stuck on there and it
   didn’t install itself in a way that made it possible for it to see my
   operating system.  I had to use a live cd to mount my hard drive and
   then update grub so that it saw my linux installation.  It was a royal
   unmitigated pain in the rear.  Do you hear the little drumroll thumping
   telling you it’s time ot put in your password?  If so, hit super alt s
   and Orca should start talking.

   Best of luck,

   Alex M

   From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of derek
   riemer
   Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 9:11 PM
   To: orca-list gnome org
   Subject: [orca-list] bootstrapping brltty.

   Hi,
   I was on vinux, but updated to 14.04 through the update manager. How
   When I did this, brltty won't start up when my system starts up. How
   can it be bootstraqpped? I can't even figure out how to start it up at
   the cli.
   Thanks,
   Derek

Derek Riemer

   Department of Computer science Undergrad, proud CILA member, music
   lover, and much more.

   "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be
   changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

   [1]email me at derek riemer colorado edu
   Phone: (303) 906-2194