Re: [orca-list] Experimental focus versus browse mode committed to master

I would like to propose an enhancement to the focus vs browse modes. It
would be helpful to switch to focus mode in an HTML5 audio or video
element. I can do this manually, but switching automatically would allow
use of the arrow keys to move backward or forward within a file as it is
played, which previously required switching off structural navigation.

My initial impression of this new feature is more favorable than I had
originally thought it would be, as the idea of focus mode, browse mode,
forms mode, etc. usually ends up being very clunky and
counterproductive. However, this seems to work well so far, and it is
likely to improve over time. Thanks for making this a rather smooth
transition.

Regarding the keybinding to manually switch the mode, I can't think of
anything better than orca+a at this point. It seems just a bit unusual,
as it binds to a letter that isn't necessarily the most memorable, but I
wouldn't know what may be more meaningful when attempting to commit it
to memory. It's certainly better than orca+f12 or similar <smiles>.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"