Re: [orca-list] Lag when loading large lists of files

Robert Spangler <spangler robert gmail com> wrote:

Also, is there a way to set up first letter navigation so that, when I press
the first letter of a directory or file, it jumps to it instead of to the
search box?

As far as I can remember, the Nautilus developers at one stage decided that
typing text should immediately search the current directory and all
of its subdirectories. This was a controversial design decision at the time.

I don't use Nautilus for file management; I use the shell, or Emacs dired
mode, which is much more flexible.