From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Peter
Vágner
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 11:49 AM
To: Kyle
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] new linux distro, with apology to Robert Cole

Hello,
Another solution for those who are switching between gnome and console
frequently and don't need both generating sound output at the same time just
came to my mind.
As a part of the pulseaudio there is an app called pasuspender.
So you can run espeakup while the pulseaudio is running like this:
pasuspender espeakup
pulseaudio will free the soundcard and as long as espeakup exits it will
regain the control.

Greetings

Peter