Re: [orca-list] new linux distro, with apology to Robert Cole

After a trip around the internet, this question from Al Sten-Clanton
found its way to my inbox:
# Given what you say about the command line, am I right that Speakup will
# be included?

The command line Sonar spin will most certainly include Speakup, and
will most likely use Espeakup to connect to Espeak. This is currently
being tested, and has been found to work quite effectively. We are
strongly considering enabling Speakup on other spins as well, as long as
there are no serious conflicts if switching to a text-only console from
a running desktop. More testing needs to be done before we can say for
sure that this is going to work well enough for everyday use on most
sound cards.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--