[orca-list] Issues with Qt (was Re: Another call for testing master)

Hey Peter.

On 11/11/2013 05:04 AM, Peter Vágner wrote:
What I have noticed is that QT apps need additional testing after this
refactor.
For example treeviews are not anounced while using VLC. It's not
critical, content is there but the fact treeview is in focus is no
longer announced.

That is due to a Qt bug combined with a removed hack in Orca. Objects
that claim focus need to have two accessible states:

* focusable
* focused

At least in the case of the tree in question, both of these states are
absent. In order to not introduce a regression, I have just created a
Qt-specific toolkit script in Orca and will put Qt-specific hacks there.
On a related note, it might not be possible to put Qt-specific hacks
anywhere else (e.g. an app script). Because at least in the case of VLC,
we're not getting any accessible app name. Here's the debug.out output
from the event in question that shows both problems:

vvvvv PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:state-changed:focused vvvvv
OBJECT EVENT: object:state-changed:focused             detail=(1,0,[tree
| ])
    app.name='' name='None' role='tree' state='active editable enabled
sensitive showing visible manages descendants' relations=''
Script for event:  (module=orca.scripts.default)
TOTAL PROCESSING TIME: 0.0039
^^^^^ PROCESS OBJECT EVENT object:state-changed:focused ^^^^^

I haven't yet tested other more complicated QT vidgets such as
comboboxes, tab controls etc

If you have a chance to do so, I'd appreciate it. Based on the above, I
fear there may be other accessibility issues on the Qt side that Orca is
no longer hacking around in its default script.

Thanks for the testing!
--joanie