Re: [orca-list] Direct download link for firefox 24 for 64 bit ubuntu 13.4?

(2013-11-07) Christopher Chaltain <chaltain gmail com> wrote:
[...]
I've used this in the past to roll back Thunderbird/Firefox in the
past when issues have popped up, but when I checked this time, I
didn't have any old versions of Firefox in my APT cache archives,

Same here. I have discovered, on this occasion, that update-notifier
ships the file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/20archive containing the setting

APT::Archives::MaxAge "30";

In fact, I remember feeling uneasy when I discovered that the system
started autocleaning after one of my release upgrades, but it slipped my
mind to do something about it.

By the way, it seems a bit unfortunate that update-notifier uses both
the APT::Archives and the APT::Periodic hierarchy in seperate conf files
when the former is expressly marked deprecated in /etc/cron.daily/apt
where I started my investigations. Looking at
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10periodic, everything seems to be alright but
packages keep disappearing from the cache. Unfortunately, I haven't got
the time to reactivate my launchpad account right now but perhaps
someone else feels like reporting this as a suggestion for future
improvement of update-notifier.

Regards,

Elias