Re: [orca-list] Direct download link for firefox 24 for 64 bit ubuntu 13.4?

The firefox is precompiled. In the directory, there is a file called
firefox that you can just run. I think the best way to use this package
would be to extract it to your home directory and run it from there.
This package may complain about missing libraries. I am not very
familiar with debian based systems but I did a google search and  found
a tool called apt-file which may help you install missing libraries if
you run into that problem. From its man page, it looks like you first
would run apt-file update to update package metadata for this program.
Then you would run apt-file search followed by the file name of the
missing library. Descriptions of this program state that it will return
the package name that the library was found in. When you have this info,
you could install the missing lib packages in the usual way.