Re: [orca-list] the apostrophe char is not announced correctly when typed

On 05 Mar, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:

For me, when the language is Portuguese I hear apostrophe; when the
language is English, I hear quote. Probably something in espeak.

Yes, the eSpeak English voice uses the name "quote" for character
U+0027.

This character can be used for both purposes, an apostrophe and single
quotation mark.  I assumed people would prefer the shorter name.