Re: [orca-list] Orca crashes and fails to start (Arch/Gnome 3.8)

Hello,
I am not sure speech-dispatcher will keep working through alsa after pulseaudio starts and locks the sound device. I am not going to experiment with this on my setup but what I would try if I were you is that I would try to start gdm and at the same time I would try using spd-say from the remote machine to see whether speech-dispatcher is running and capable of playing sound.

Greetings

Peter