Re: [orca-list] Orca crashes and fails to start (Arch/Gnome 3.8)

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:
I'll consider the pulse config thing but I have modified my
speech-dispatcher stuff to run with ALSA and I run it as a central system
service so that should be working. It worked for my normal starts login
until the mode setting error cropped up. But that seems to be a different
problem. Maybe the reinstallation of xorg can fix that modesetting module
missing problem.

In my experience, re-installing packages generally does not fix problems.
Searching the Web for the error message may lead you to helpful information
however.