Re: [orca-list] mbrola in Orca

Hi Jonathan,

On 7/3/13, Jonathan Duddington <jonsd users sf net> wrote:
I don't know how you are using the mbrola voices, but they are capable
of changing rate and pitch (and volume although that's done in eSpeak)
.
OK, more specifically when you install and setup the MBrola voices
with Espeak in the Orca preferences changing the pitch, rate, and
volume doesn't seem to have any effect on the MBrola voices. Not sure
if this is an Orca issue or a Speech Dispatcher issue, but I have
experienced the same issue he is talking about. Apparently, using the
espeak shell program doesn't have the same problem as using the Orca
preferences dialog.

Cheers!