From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Kyle
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 11:04 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] How many people us voxin?

For a good product, Voxin sure will crash your system on a simple typo or
even a word. And it's impossible to fix, because it's unmaintained since
2002 or earlier, and no one even knows who has the code to be able to fix
it. Yes, Voxin, with its shinier, newer name, still crashes on the word c a
e s u r e, which is more common than you think. Also, I can't stress enough
the problems that can be caused by running
12+-year-old core libraries on a modern system. I'm not exagerating or
being ridiculous in any way when I say avoid this synthesizer, especially in
a production environment. It may have been a fairly good product 10 years
ago, and it may have even been a great product 15 years ago, while someone
was still maintaining the codebase, but it's certainly far from acceptable
now, even on Windows, where the word crashes are mostly worked around with
dictionary exceptions, and old core libraries still have to be installed to
the system to make it work.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--