Re: [orca-list] How many people us voxin?

For a good product, Voxin sure will crash your system on a simple typo or even a word. And it's impossible to fix, because it's unmaintained since 2002 or earlier, and no one even knows who has the code to be able to fix it. Yes, Voxin, with its shinier, newer name, still crashes on the word c a e s u r e, which is more common than you think. Also, I can't stress enough the problems that can be caused by running 12+-year-old core libraries on a modern system. I'm not exagerating or being ridiculous in any way when I say avoid this synthesizer, especially in a production environment. It may have been a fairly good product 10 years ago, and it may have even been a great product 15 years ago, while someone was still maintaining the codebase, but it's certainly far from acceptable now, even on Windows, where the word crashes are mostly worked around with dictionary exceptions, and old core libraries still have to be installed to the system to make it work.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"