Re: [orca-list] How many people us voxin?

But who is actually making a living from abandoned software that the developers, whoever they are, no longer support? Although I feel the free (as in freedom, not price) software model is by far the best way to distribute software, unrestricted, preserving the freedom to use, run, study and distribute the software, either free of charge or for a price, I will never begrudge a developer's need to earn a living. However, when the developers of a software application no longer wish to maintain the application, especially for more than 10 years, then the proprietary model certainly doesn't make sense under any circumstances. I refuse to give anyone my money for a software application, no matter how much I may like it, if they are unable, due to license terms and the abandonment of the source code to the outer realms, to help me if something goes totally wrong with my system because of the application that I purchased in good faith.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"