Re: [orca-list] How many people us voxin?

Hi Alex,

I agree with you all the way. I use Voxin, AKA Eloquence, for many of
the same reasons. Its reliable enough to get the job done, I haven't
had many problems with it, and its affordable. Yes, it is a bit more
complicated than ESpeak to get up and running, but as long as I don't
have a personal problem installing and using it I don't really see the
harm.

Further more I respect the fact that Linux is free and open source,
and in most of the cases I am a supporter of the open source model
when and where applicable. However, I do not object to using a piece
of software simply on the grounds because it is proprietary or closed
source etc. As a programmer myself I am aware of the realities that a
programmer has to make his daily bread somewhere, and the most logical
way to do it is trade his/her skills for money. Its as simple as that.
If some open source activist doesn't like it they can write their own
free open source version and give it away, but let's not penalize the
person who has to make a living. :D

Cheers!