Re: [orca-list] apostrophe versus quote

Hi Jon and christopher,

I have got a good news, I think I found what the real problem, now I not surprise you why experienced this issue. The Espeak speech synth source the dictsources/en_list file have following rule the apostrophe character related:
_'      kwoUt

This rule meaning following:
If you press the apostrophe key your keyboard, Espeak spokening the buggy quote text (this is meaning the kwoUt phoneme code), this phoneme code need changing to Espeak pronounce the apostrophe text if english language or english language variant is selected. This situation Orca if I remember right simple sends the punctuation character with Speech-dispatcher, and Speech-dispatcher proper module spokening the punctuation character, depending Orca speech preferences. When you pressed left arrow key, depending your Orca locale I think Orca sending the verbalized punctuation text with defined the src/orca/chnames.py file. In src/orca/chnames.py file have following translatable text the apostrophe character related:
# Translators: this is the spoken word for the character ''' (U+0027)
#
chnames["'"] = _("apostrophe")

Need fixing realy this issue in Espeak level the en_list file.
Unfortunately, I only known detailed the hungarian language Espeak voice phonemes. Please collect a list the english language characters with you experienced this issue, and forward Jonathan Duddington the list, and write he the proper english text with need Espeak pronounce the proper characters related with english language.
Affected voices:
english language voices
For example the hassmark character related I reproduced this issue with english voice character, following rule affected in en_list file:
#       haS   $max3

Attila