Re: [orca-list] Update on Gwibber

Gwibber would be nice. I have to say though that Smuxi works a treat as a twitter client. Very accessible

Alex M

On 5/17/2012 6:36 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 07:48:41AM EST, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Known:
* The caret visually moves now.
* They moved away from WebKitGtk to Gtk+
The only time that webkit is used with the version of gwibber in oneiric and precise is authenticate twitter
et al.

* Orca does *not* yet present Gwibber content (I am looking into this)
Flat review does work, but there needs to be some more work done on navigating the timeline with arrow keys,
as they create frames that display each post in the timeline. After talking to the upstream developers a
while back, in order to navigate using arrow keys, gwibber itself needs to be able to store the last unread
post on the timeline, which is not yet possible. Navigating by arrow keys shoudln't be too difficult to
implement, but extra atk magic may be needed to present the content from each timeline post in a way that is
easy to digest for the user.

Unknown:
* What the move away from WebKitGtk+ and to Gtk+ will mean for
   accessibility of Gwibber with Orca. If they used Gtk+'s HTML support
   (which presumably they did), things may be worse rather than better.
   Think Evolution.
I am pretty sure they did not. They are using Vala + GTK for most of the UI now afaik.

Luke