Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.10 and beyond, Unity 2D will no longer be maintained.

Given that Unity 2D will go away in terms of its bug fixes or updates, I guess Unity 3D will be the next thing to look at. I agree that with people like Luke working on it, Unity 3D might as well be fairly usable even before gnome shell gets fixed totally.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.