Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.10 and beyond, Unity 2D will no longer be maintained.

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 09:26:03PM PDT, Krishnakant Mane wrote:
Hi all,
I strongly believe that Unity 2D should have existed for much longer.

If you believe it should be around for longer, then you are most welcome to help maintain the code. Just
because Canonical is discontinuing work on unity 2D, doesn't mean that someone from the community can't step
up and maintain it.

As for tablets, please read my other mail about desktop environments. It is more efficient, both in CPU/GPU
usage and battery wise, to perform 3D graphics rendering for the tablet UI, so I think you will find that
more tablets will use 3D rendering.

Luke