Re: [orca-list] Linux Accessibility: qt-at-spi 0.2 released

On Wednesday 14. March 2012 16.22.08 MichaÅ Zegan wrote:
W dniu 14.03.2012 15:58, Frederik Gladhorn pisze:
Hi,

the qt-at-spi bridge enables accessibility via screen readers for Qt
applications on Linux.

I'm happy to release the Qt AT-SPI bridge 0.2.0 into the world. Based on
some user feedback I could fix a few things. It's also nice to note that
the Qt 5 version of the bridge is up to date and working even better
since we could make some improvements in the internals.

Changes since 0.1:
* Sent the right text for text insert/delete events when editing text

What is that, actually?
When updating the text for text edits and line edits, the bridge sent wrong
data, leading Orca to reading bogus text or no text.

* Password line edits are marked as such
* Improved exposing of keyboard shortcuts

And that, just making sure if it's the thing I think aboout...
I try to give more keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+S in the action interface
now, so that users can learn them when it's enabled to read them in Orca.

Greetings
Frederik

* Fix menus (again)
* Expose more action interfaces
* Some table/list improvements (hopefully)

And quite a bit of cleanup, as always.

Dependencies: Qt 4.8.0

What is that thing? A bridge that lets Qt applications interface with the
AT- SPI accessibility framework that GNOME provides. For users that
mostly means that the Orca screenreader should work nicely with Qt
applications.

You need a distribution that uses AT-SPI 2 (check your packages, any
recent
distro should do, this is part of standard GNOME).

The source can be found here:
https://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi

The commit you should grab is: a213019e84732da7fea5162f8c79ee42b8a3b576,
tagged
v0.2.0.

Or download the tar.gz from gitorious:
https://gitorious.org/qt-at-spi/qt-at-spi/commits/v0.2
$ sha1sum qt-at-spi-qt-at-spi-v0.2.tar.gz
3831060a970939461326cdf1a21fbed3feff4d67

The plugin for Qt 4 does not get loaded unless an environment variable
gets
set, so there should be no risk of anyone blowing up their system.

In order to enable the plugin, export "QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1".

For Qt 5 this is no longer needed.

Cheers
Frederik

The manual is at