Re: [orca-list] interfaces in ubuntu

Hi Andrea,

Gnome Shell's interface is as you have discovered quite a bit
different from Gnome 2.x. Now, when you press alt+f1 or the Windows
key  you are taken to the Dash. Orca will let you know when you are on
it by saying Overview Panel. The easiest way I've found to find
launchers for applications is simply by starting to type them in.

Fore example if I were to type Fi and press tab all the launchers
beginning with FI will appear in a list. I can tab around to Firefox,
Filezilla, File-Roller,etc and press enter or the spacebar on the one
I want.  That is easier than trying to find the applications menu and
then arrow around to find the one I want. Its possible to do, but if
you just type in the first two or three letters of the app you want
the Launcher will appear on the Overview Panel and you can tab right
to it.

Cheers!