From: Alonzo Cuellar <mariachiac gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:36:03 -0500
Subject: efi botting
To: Alex Midence <alex midence gmail com>

Hello Alex,
Efi or Extensible firmware interface is what windows 8 will use in the
future. It is also what the mac operating system uses to boot. Making
the boot process faster and direct support for 64 bit operating
systems. It also allows for compatibility of newer graphics cards. I'm
wanting to boot with efi support using grub-efi found in debian or
ubuntu. Fedora boots with this support be default and is installed I
believe when using a 64bit installations. I use 64bit linux since i
have 6 gigs of ram.
I had wanted to use ubuntu, but I have to change my bios setting to
legacy which I'd have to do with sighted assistance. If I do not
change it, ubuntu won't boot. I'm not sure if ubuntu supports efi.

Hopefully this sheds some light,
Alonzo