[orca-list] o.t.: some questions

Hello to all!
I am sorry if I address this list something that has probably not much to do with orca.
I am trying to find a good linux list to answer beginners questions and I subscribed to blinux list but it seems there was no traffic at all in a week? is there any new list that is working for that purpose?

I take the libery to ask you some questions I am encountering after installing ubuntu 12.04 that are quite disturbing my experience with it.

1) After doing the updates recommended from ubuntu updater, my alt+f4 and alt+tab and probably more keys are not working anymore... so I went into system settings, keyboard, shortcuts and set close window to alt+f4 and switch applications to alt+tab... but after some use things get back to theyr original state, meaning the keys are undefined again.
what's wrong with my system?

2) where can I find the boot up utility so that I can change order of booting since my linux is installed along windows?
In system settings I am not able to locate something of that kind.

3) 2 years ago more or less, I bought a voxin extension for orca to support italian as language.
I saved the package, but to install in ubuntu 12.04 probably I need a newer version, how can i obtain it? I don't have anymore the original link of the email....

thanks alot for you help!
andrea