Re: [orca-list] Announce copy to clipboard [was "Re: Some bugs with perhaps possible fixing in master branch"]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012, Christopher Chaltain wrote:

Does NVDA announce this?

NVDA takes a similar approach to Orca in that it doesn't most of the time because it cannot know that a cut/copy/paste operation has actually taken place. The exception is NVDA's browse mode, used in web browsers etc. Since NVDA itself implements the copy function from it's virtual buffer, it knows for sure that text has been copied and says so.

I use JAWS less and less these days. Does JAWS
announce it when you set verbosity to the advanced setting?

I don't think so. It simply says "cut", "copied", etc in intermediate mode, and "copied to clipboard", "pasted from clipboard", etc in beginner mode, so I'd think it might not say it in advanced. That's certainly how it used to be anyway.

Geoff.