Re: [orca-list] Announce copy to clipboard [was "Re: Some bugs with perhaps possible fixing in master branch"]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012, Albert Sten-Clanton wrote:

For my part, I'd like at least the option of hearing what my keystrokes do,
including copying to or pasting from the clipboard.  If sighted users don't
get that feedback, there may be a do-as-they-do argument not to have it, but
I still might not be persuaded.  I'd always, always rather be annoyed by
getting hit with too much information than by not having enough, though if
and only if that is the single, stark choice.  :-)

I think people have lost sight of the fact that Orca doesn't actually know whether or not the operation actually took place, and it would appear that it would be a lot of work to determine this with arguable benefit.

It's one thing to argue about whether or not a screen reader should report something. It's another thing entirely to argue about whether or not a screen reader should say something that at times may quite possibly be untrue.

Geoff.